My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Sunday, September 26, 2010

She Was An Angel....

Yonna
She was an angel who decided to leave.
Broken wings and feeble, she had lost all belief.


Unspoken were words ~ unheard were her dreams.
Friends who had loved her are still awakened with screams.

It was a violent departure not understood.
Someone so righteous yet misunderstood.

So, in the darkness, I think of her now.
And I cry just a little and I ask myself how.

How could she leave us, our wings broken too.
For a world no better than the one she knew.

An angel with no mercy
She left us dispelled
To find the truth in the mystery
She never unveiled.

- written on November 9, 1989


My dear friend, Jennifer Young, returned the poem I wrote many years ago to me yesterday; the very day I was introduced to Yonna’s mother, Kathy, for the first time.
Instantly, I knew Kathy would help heal my heart in places I tried to forget were wounded.

1 comment:

Misty Holt said...

Did you write this poem? Who drew the drawing? How was your visit? I think I just need to call you :)