My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Favorite Quote

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

- Marriane Williamson

Misty - I know you always read my blog. I posted this specifically for YOU! Always remember to let your own light shine, it is the reason you are here! By allowing your light to shine, you will also brighten the lives of your children. They can't fully understand today, but someday they will know just how incredible and difficult the journey their mother chose to take was; and they will understand how your hard work and determination enriched and empowered their own lives.

I am so proud of you!

2 comments:

Misty Holt said...

Wow Aunt Sherry, all I can say is thank you. You made me cry...

Edna Guerrero said...

Aunt Sherry.. you are the best!!! Misty is super luck to have you as an aunt.. you should adopt me because you DO care! :)