My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Idle Time ~ Random Thoughts


If it is your absolute personal truth - it will not change depending upon your audience.

I cannot change someone else’s mindset and in most cases it shouldn’t matter that much to me what someone else thinks. After all, someone else’s belief system surely doesn’t impact the reality I see through my own eyes. Why has my heart always cared so passionately about what another believes is truth? Time to let that one go.

Love should always be unconditional.

I will always only know another human being to the extent they want me to know them. The reality is people will only reveal to you what they want you to know.

Children don’t love their parents as much as their parents love them because if they did they’d never leave home. I love my children so much I can’t imagine that day is in my near future. It is. Thank goodness they don’t love me as much as I love them or they’d never reach their potential to fly.

Fly they must.

Words when spoken gently and sincerely from your heart can wrap around the heart and soul of another human being and comfort them like a warm winter blanket. Words when spoken harshly can cut through the heart like a serrated knife. I know for sure that my heart is only full when my words feel more like a warm winter blanket.

Time is fluid ~ Not a single aspect of life remains static.

Who we are today is not exactly who we were yesterday and not quite who we’ll be tomorrow.

No comments: