My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I am Powerful Beyond Measure

 
 
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”  Marianne Williamson
 
This has always been one of my favorite quotes but I don’t know that I have truly ever embraced it.  Learning to embrace my own authentic power has always felt a bit arrogant.  I know now that celebrating and accepting the amazing soul I was born to be is not arrogant, in fact it is gracious!  Fully embracing and living a loving, joyful life is the grandest thank you I can give.
My heart, soul and mind have finally come to realize that of course I should embrace my own light. I am the daughter of one of the most loving beings to grace this earth, Marsha Charlene Payne.  It is my honor to be a conduit of her love.  It is also my responsibility to allow her love to channel its way through me and unto all of those I shall ever meet.  Anything less than a full embrace of the beauty, joy and love within me would not be fair to myself, the world, or to the woman who taught me that the best way to travel about this journey called life is with your heart wide open!
I am no longer afraid to embrace the notion that I am meant for greatness – that I am powerful beyond measure and I am meant to live a life immersed with joy and love.   Indeed, that it is why I am here.


No comments: