My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Compulsive Thinker?

I am a compulsive thinker, so as I was reading Eckart Tolle's book Stillness Speaks, the following words jumped off the page at me: "Whenever you are immersed in compulsive thinking, you are avoiding what is. You don't want to be where you are. Here, Now.

I have re-visited this page in the book so many times.....it doesn't even need a bookmark.

Here. Now. It's the only time we really have. Life is so much easier when we don't try to "fix" the past or forecast the future. Every time my thoughts take off, I try to bring myself back to Now - it's a pretty good place to live.

.

3 comments:

Misty Holt said...

I understand what you are saying, I too have that compusive gene (ummm... funny how genetics work?) It is important that we live in the now but it is also really hard trying not to think about what ifs, maybe, I don't knows, and so on. I will always have to work on this compulsive thinking... always.

Kathy Fasci said...

Sherry , I love what you wrote about living in the now.After all we can't the past and we have no idea what the future has in store for us. All we can do is our best and hope & pray it's good enough.As for today i'm laughing,loving & living life as planned,Thats good enough for me!
I love you,Kathy

Kathy Fasci said...

The meaning of Family
(F) Father(A) and (M) Mother (I) I (L) Love (Y) You