My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How Is It That I See Myself? A link to the past...

How is it that I see myself?
A link –
A link to the past filled with wonderment, love & strength
A link to a lady
Who these young will never
Know the glory of her touch

I see myself as special,
As lucky and grateful

I feel in a sense
Responsible to them
As though I must try in some small way
To love deep enough
Care strong enough
And I must try hard enough
To give them
Just a glimpse of her

Although I will never be able to express fully her love
My actions must represent what she was about
And they will know

That she was such an incredible spirit
That her impact will not only be felt during my lifetime
But Prayerfully
Throughout the lives of those who never got the opportunity
To embrace her
And feel the power of her love.

Now – How is it that I see myself?
As a messenger

My message is…
We all belong to her
We are all responsible to follow through with her plan
To love each other
To build each other up
And sustain each other.

It is my destiny
My responsibility
To this generation
To make sure that her work is done.

**This poem was written several years ago, but with Susie's poem and Grandma's birthday coming up in a week or so, I thought it was appropriate to re-visit it.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Reading such passionate writing I think of you Sher. I think of the moments of who you are and how I have come to know you. I think of your craziness, and the calm that you bring to me. As I turn around in my little swivel chair at a school that is so similar, yet so different from the "home" I know as Conchos I look over to see the picture of me with you and remember that I am surrounded by such wonderful people. I miss you dreadfully. Love you bunches
Toni