My kids....My heart

My kids....My heart

Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday...

Was the thought I held in my head all day long yesterday. I watched and listened in peaceful amazement as the family buzzed around, telling stories, laughing and loving each other.

It was an absolutely beautiful day. One that could have sprung right from the past had it not been for all the children running around. The children representing the third and fourth generation of “us.”

Us has been an important word all of my life. It meant family. And there has never been a more important word for me, for us, than FAMILY.

Happy Birthday….

It would have been her 87th. She would have been buzzing around, telling stories, laughing and loving each of “us.”

Man, I miss her. I remember so very clearly a day when she said to me, “I won’t be around forever, you know.” I did not believe her then and sometimes even now its hard for me to believe. She was here yesterday. She was in the hearts, the minds, the laughter and the love we have for each and every one of us.

On this, her 87th birthday, she gave her family the most incredible gift, US.


2 comments:

Misty Holt said...

Thank you for keeping the memory alive of a woman I never met. I imagine that she was a lot like all of you. Thank you...

Sherry Stark said...

She was an amazing woman Misty. I really do miss her.